- Focus and scope
- Peer review policy
- Open access policy
- Publication ethics
- Advertising policy
- Journal archiving
- Publication fee
- Journal stats
- Complaint policy
- Publication schedule
Updated: May 2018
Information we collect
The website, peer-review platform and newsletters collect information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through the respective technologies. The types of personal information that the Service collects directly from you depends on the content and features you use and may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Educational, professional, and other background information, such as field of study, current position, practice;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords;
- Communication preferences, such as e-alerts. We will only communicate with you via email.
The Service also automatically collects information about your use of the Service, such as:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform, unique device identifier and other technical identifiers;
- Usage data, such as click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the Service;
How we use your information
SMC-Media, publisher of EJCRIM.com, is committed to deliver a relevant and useful experience to you. To that end we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the Service to you, such as allow access to the peer-review process
- Notify you about changes or updates and provide you with special offers, promotions, surveys and other information related to the Service;
- Provide you with support in order to keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Identify, analyze and evaluate usage, including for the purposes of research, audits, reporting.
We may also use your personal information to:
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- Provide you with relevant special offers, promotions and other information about events and services of ours and our affiliates parties such as societies and sponsors;
- Enhance and improve our products, events and services and develop new ones;
Your data, however, is not given nor sold to anyone else. It’s staying with us.
Sharing of your information
Your information is not shared with any third parties not involved into the journal’s technical and administrative activities. In no way your information is shared with third parties for commercial purposes. We share your personal information with your consent or as necessary to complete a transaction or provide a service that you have requested or authorized. We may share your personal information with our:
Suppliers and service providers, including editors, reviewers, payment processors (Paypal.com), email service providers (Register.it), mailing houses (Mailjet.com), shipping agents, and IT service providers (Register.it)
We also may need to disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues.
We may disclose non-personally identifiable information, such as anonymous usage data reports and aggregated information, for any purpose, except where we are restricted by law.
Your choices and communications preferences
You can manage your communications preferences when you register in the following ways: by updating your account preferences, by using the unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the service rendered by us whenever necessary.
Access to, accuracy and deletion of your information
SMC Media, publisher of EJCRIM.com, may allow registered users to access their account information and make corrections or updates upon log in at any time. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user.
SMC Media takes precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical security measures.
Cross-border transfer of your information
Your personal information may be transferred to and stored in servers and facilities located in your region or another country. We take steps to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located.
EJCRIM makes use of a few external indexing systems to help disseminate your article. DOAJ, MEdra, KUDOS are some of our external suppliers. The information we forward to said suppliers is limited to the metadata that the published article contains. Therefore all they will get is your full name and email, alongwith the DOI number that has been assigned to your paper.
We have in place a partnership with KUDOS where we transmit to them the email and DOI of the corresponding author of a published article, its staff will take care of invite the author to join KUDOS. A maximum of 3 emails are sent, and if consent is not given, the corresponding author’s data will be deleted from their servers. If you decide not to be involved into our partnership with KUDOS, please email us at email@example.com